We put a new roof on our house this summer. The old roof was only 9 years old, yet was leaking. We thought it wasn't vented properly so we fixed the roof, added sofit and vents, and thought the problem was solved.
Fast forward to cold temperatures. We turn the furnace on. Dustin notices ice on the furnace exhaust pipe on the roof. Ruh-roh. Dustin climbs up in the attic to see what the problem was. Dun-dun-dun. The furnace is venting into the attic!!! Turns out all along the furnace was the problem. So, now we're scrambling to fix the problem so we don't have to re-do the roof again.
We decide to convert to all electric. Electric furnace, electric water heater, electric dryer. This will solve our venting problem, hopefully save us some money in the long run, and we can stop worrying about carbon monoxide.
Today is install day. The furnace is going in this morning, the dryer this afternoon, and the water heater today or tomorrow. Whew. What a fun thing to be doing three days before Christmas!
Wait. What? Three days! That's all that we have left? I'm so excited! Presents aren't wrapped yet, but that shouldn't take to long. They are all organized and ready. I'm going to try to get them done on my lunch hour today and tomorrow. Then, the only thing I have left to do is make reindeer food. I actually feel prepared this year!
Merry Christmas!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment