Friday, October 16, 2009

H1N1 Can Bite My A$$

I have calmed down considerably since I heard the news yesterday. The news that my hospital will not be allowing anyone under 15 years of age onto it's premises. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but I'm having a baby in 3 days and I want my son to meet his sibling while we're at the hospital!! I feel like I'm being robbed of that picture of the big brother holding the baby in the hospital bed with mom. Silly I know, but I've been waiting to see Karson's reaction to this little one since the day I found out I was pregnant!!!

I'm really mad because I asked this very question (about hospital vistor policy changing due to H1N1) at one of my last OB visits and the Dr kind of laughed like she'd never heard of such a thing. Then, lo and behold it happens. Grrr!!! I tried to call my OB's office to complain, but they transferred me to labor and delivery. I'm currently waiting on a call back from the manager. I've heard of exception being made at other hospitals, like siblings wearing a mask until they get to the room. I'm going to push for this. To top it off my regular OB is on vacation until Monday so I can't even get her to back me on this.

I was up all night thinking about this. If I wasn't so close to having this baby I would consider switching OB's and delivering at a different hospital. If I had more time to explore my options I certainly would. This sucks. I'm days away from giving birth and I feel like my life has been turned upside down. I bit dramatic maybe, but I've been planning this whole sibling meeting in my head for 9 months!!! I wasn't worried about Karson because I thought I'd get to see him daily. Now I won't be able to see him for 3 or more days. I'm seriously considering asking for an early discharge from the hospital. Can you imagine Karson's reaction when he hasn't seen his mom for a few days and then she comes home with a new person!!! If that's not asking for trouble I don't know what is. I had this transition all figured out in my head and now I'm just going to show up at home with a baby and rock Karson's world.

Sorry for the Vent. I could go on for days about this. I guess I'm just going to sit here and wait for my call back from L&D. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment