Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Back to Work

I was more than ready to return to work. The boys have been wearing me out!! Work is like a vacation. It helps that my daycare lady knows our "system" and is here in town same as me. Also, only working three days a week makes for plenty of time with my boys.



Kamden is three weeks old and doing great. He is an easy baby so far (knock on wood). He only cries when he's hungry and even then I wouldn't call it crying so much as grunting. Dustin keeps trying to make things quiet and dark. I tell him to knock it off, Karson can be screaming and I can be vacuuming all while Kamden is sitting in direct sunlight and it never seems to affect him. I really don't want Kamden to become a light sleeper.

Karson is a fantastic big brother. He comes running whenever Kamden cries. Karson likes it when his baby is happy and so do I. For the most part Karson ignores the baby. When I'm nursing Kamden, Karson knows I'm not going to get up and he takes advantage of this time. He drags all his toys out and does things he knows he's not supposed to because he knows I'm not going to stop him. One of these days I'm going to pretend to nurse Kamden and I'm going to jump up and put Karson in time out. That ought to show him!!

Karson is getting so big. We've been working on his colors. He knows the basic ones, but he knows them by character. For instance, Red is Elmo (because we say red like Elmo), Green is Percy, Blue is Thomas, Orange is Grandma's pop, White is just White, Black is just Black, and Yellow is like a duck (rubber duck). Karson is to funny. We were driving down the road yesterday when I passed a semi. Karson says big truck Thomas. Yes, it was a big blue semi. So smart, kind of. He also is talking a ton. When I pump for Kamden, Karson will say, "Milk out baby" (milk out for baby). Most of the time you can understand what he wants, even if you won't let him have it.


All in all we're getting along just fine. Dustin doesn't want me to go back to work, but I need to get out of the house and away from the kids. I love my boys, but I can appreciate them more when I get a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment