Friday, November 13, 2009

First Big Bad Mommy Moment with Kamden




I always try to bathe Kamden before he eats so he doesn't spit up right after he's clean. We didn't get his bath in Wednesday night, so I did it quick before work on Thursday. He was starving since he hadn't eaten his 'breakfast' yet and was screaming the whole time. So in my rush to get him dressed so he could eat I was trying to put his lotion on in the bathroom (I usually do this in the bedroom), and I dropped a big full bottle of baby lotion on his face!!! The lotion sits on the window sill out of Karson's reach and Kamden was on the towel chest right below it. Of course he cried pretty much the loudest I've ever heard him cry. Dustin was still home and came running. He did a good job reassuring me everything was fine, but I thought for sure I broke his little nose or gave him a black eye. Kamden is just fine and only cried for about 30 seconds. Of course I popped him on the boob right there in the bathroom because I felt so bad. If this is the worse thing I do to him in his life I think we'll do just fine.



On a pissed off note, the hospital I delivered Kamden at has just lifted the no kids ban. So in the three week span I had Kamden they didn't allow siblings and now they do. I am livid about this. I want to go to the higher ups at the hospital's house and burn all the pics of their children together in the first three days of life and see how they like having that memory taken. Grrr!!! Something I will never be able to get back and there is nothing I can do about it. I guess I'll just go kick rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment