Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Oval

I've been working with Karson on his shapes lately.  He has a shapes DVD that we watch and I've been helping him do a shapes puzzle while I nurse Kamden.  Monday night Aunt Kris stopped by.  I knew she'd be impressed with the shapes puzzle so I got it out.  The triangle was missing, but rather than find the missing piece right then I decided I'd do it later.  I put the puzzle pieces next to the puzzle and had Kris tell him which shape to find.  Pentagon, Octagon, Oval, Circle, Square, and Rectangle.  He found them all and I could tell Kris was impressed.  Then he yells, "Where's the triangle!"  Now Kris is really impressed.  Karson and I go find the triangle and come back to the puzzle.  Now we have Karson pick out a puzzle piece and tell us what it is.  He gets them right again.  He's so smart.

Tuesday Karson leads me to the pantry and points to peanuts.  So I put some peanuts in a small dish and let him eat them at the counter while I'm picking up the kitchen.  All of a sudden he exclaims, "OVAL!!" and holds up a peanut.  That smart little stinker really knows his shapes and not just the pieces of the puzzle.  Later, we were watching something on TV that had stars on it and Karson runs up and points at the TV and says Star.  I can't believe it!!!  Now, I'm going to start working on letters and numbers so people really think he's smart.

Another Karson funny...I will count to three and he will run to the back door and then I count to three again and he'll run back.  Well, the other day I decided to count in Spanish.  Uno, Dos, Tres.  Karson just smiled and ran to the back door.  Then, I counted in English.  One, Two, Three.  Karson says, "No, Dora."  He wanted me to count in Spanish like Dora.  What a funny kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment