Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sick Kids

One of my least favorite things about being a parent is sick kids.  While I enjoy the extra snuggles, I can't stand seeing my kids miserable.  I am a worry-wart and tend to let my mind take things to far.  So this weekend kind of got to me.

We went to Adventureland on Sunday.  We woke Karson up, got him dressed, and hit the road.  Of course, by the time we get to the park, we could tell he wasn't acting like himself.  At first we thought maybe it was all the people or he was just being shy and not warmed up yet (we went with Dustin's family).  It didn't take us long to realize he was sick.  The little guy was burning up and it was 90 plus degrees out. 



We rode some rides, but Karson wasn't feeling it.  He even went on a couple of things I don't think he normally would have, just so he could stay with me.  He rode the log ride and that really suprised me.  I went on a rollercoaster and could hear him screaming for me the whole time we stood in line.  The line wasn't long, but it still broke my heart.  We were planning on going to the water park portion after lunch so Karson and I could just float in the lazy river.



We went out to the parking lot for lunch at about 2.  I planned on putting Karson in the van to watch a movie and rest, while everyone else ate.  He fell asleep for about 15 minutes and then woke up.  I asked him if he wanted to go play in the water and he said yes.  So I started getting our swim stuff out of the van.  Then, I asked him again if he wanted to go swim.  He said, "No, I want to go home."  That was enough for me.  I told Dustin I thought we should leave and he agreed.  So off we went.

Karson slept the entire way home (3ish hours) and then fell asleep on the couch after we got home.  So, we spent 6 hours in the van driving and not quite 4 hours at Adventureland.  What a BUST!  Karson didn't even get to ride the train since we planned on doing that after lunch.  When we got home his temp was over 104 degrees so we are very, very glad we left when we did.  The kid had to of been just miserable.  We gave him Tylenol, and his temp started coming down.  The fever broke in the middle of the night.  Thank God we didn't have to take him the ER after all the excitement he'd already had that day.  Had we of known he was sick before we left we wouldn't have taken him.  We either would have stayed home or left him with my parents since they already had Kamden.  Live and learn I guess.

***Karson told me on Monday that he rode the log boats and he screamed when he went down the slide.  LOL  He only screamed because we watched other people go down and they all screamed.  I'm suprised he remembered at all since he was in such a dazed state all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment