Thursday, March 17, 2011

Living the life of a part-time stay-at-home-mom

Lately I've been becoming more and more frustrated with people who think because I stay home with the kids two days a week I have all the time in the world to deal with their problems.  Just because I'm not at work does not mean I'm free.

Do people forget what a pain in the ass it is to take two small children anywhere?  It's difficult when there are two adults, but when there's just one adult it's awful.  I mean, I do it because that's what mom's do, but it ain't easy.

Try going to the grocery store.  Karson has to walk or I have no where to put my groceries.  If Karson is walking that means I am constantly putting stuff back on the shelf, telling him to walk, yanking him out from in front of someones cart, begging, pleading, bribing with a sucker for him to just be good until we get out of the store.  It's exhausting.  Then, you have Kamden throwing a fit because he wants to walk too and there's no way that's happening for another year or two (five if I'm lucky).  I'm worn out just writing about it...

Then you have people asking you to do things that really aren't necessary for you to do.  Why is it my responsibility to make sure Grandma has her Christmas decorations up and then down?  Now, the Easter stuff needs to go up.  I don't even get my own decorations taken care of.  Is it really necessary for me to go deal with her stuff while keeping an eye on the boys in an extremely un-childproofed house with cat food and a litter box available for their delight?

I just don't get it.  Do I really seem to have my shit together well enough to start taking care of everyone else as well?

I'm just venting (obviously) because I feel like there's a few people that seem to think, "Oh, Lynsey's home she can do it."  They must forget that I have small children that must be looked after also.  Which is a job in and of it's self that no one quite understands until it is their job.

In the end, I will go and put up Grandma's Easter decorations.  That's what good Granddaughters do.  Will I do it with a smile on my face? Probably.  Will I bitch about it when I'm done.  Guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment