Friday, June 10, 2011

Fridays Five Random Thoughts

We got started on the porch re-do last weekend.  We weren't going to dig into it just yet, but Dustin jacked up the floor so he could see what exactly need to be done. 

Which lead to a column being knocked out.


Which lead to starting the stone on the columns.


Now, we're going to stop working on the porch and start installing windows.  They just came in and I don't want them to sit around forever.  I don't want a torn apart porch forever either, but I'm hoping the windows go in quickly and we can get back to the porch.

We shall see...

Here's what the porch looked like this winter.



We need to get these projects finished so we can move on to siding. 

I have a feeling with all these projects that need to be done this summer, Fall will come rather quickly.


Disclaimer: This was written last week for Fridays Five Random Thoughts and I never got around to finishing the post.  The living room and dinning room windows are now installed with more to follow this weekend.  The electricians are at the house today doing some rewiring and installing a bathroom fan.
 
:: ::

Karson just told me I was "Bugging him in half." 

I love this age when they sound like a foreigner trying to learn the lingo.

:: ::

We have suddenly gotten very busy!  Every weekend we have something going on, which isn't very conducive to our remodeling projects.

Our niece and nephews birthday party is on Saturday.  A committee I'm on at church is hosting an appreciation lunch on Sunday.

Next weekend we will spend at Clear Lake.  The weekend after that we will be in Des Moines.  Then, it's Fourth of July. 

I'm tired already.

:: ::

Karson starts T-ball on Monday.  I can't imagine they are going to do much with 3 year olds, but we will see.  I know a couple of his friends are signed up as well. 

:: ::

Kamden has strep throat.  It all started with a rash on his face.  Then, he ran a fever and was lethargic.  He kind of scared me the way he would just flop on the floor and cry, refusing to walk.

He's on the mend now and causing trouble every time I turn around.  He is even sporting a black eye that he inflicted upon himself with no help from his big brother.  We're not sure exactly what he did, other than we know he hit it on something in the toy room.


No comments:

Post a Comment