Thursday, November 11, 2010

Christmas is getting to close for comfort

I thought for sure I'd have more Christmas shopping done by now!!!  I know what my kids still need, but haven't started on anyone else on my list.  At this point in time my list consists of the peoples names that I need to buy a gift for.  That's it.  Sunday afternoon I may have to leave the boys home with Dustin and go do some shopping!

When do you put your Christmas Tree up?  This weekend ours may go up.  Every year I put it off and it doesn't get taken care of until way to close to Christmas.  Last year I bought the bulbs I wanted for half price, but I don't remember if I bought lights and a skirt as well.  One of the last couple of years we put lights on our tree and that was it.  Karson was getting into everything so we said forget it and let it go.  Now, he is getting old enough that I really, really want to make Christmas special for him.  The tradition's have to start now!

Dustin made fun of me 2 years ago when we were buying new stockings as a family of three.  Being smart I wanted to buy 5.  They only had 4 coordinating of the ones I wanted, so we got 4.  Dustin said I was crazy.  By the next Christmas we had Kamden and needed all 4 (he's see's my genius now).  Currently, I'm kicking myself for not finding that fifth stocking!  No, I'm not pregnant.  Whenever we have our next child, say in 2 to 4 years, I'm going to have to buy all new stocking so they match.  Maybe I'll start looking for a really similar one now.  Hey, maybe I'll get lucky and find another of the same kind!  Yay, I just added an actual item to my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment