Friday, November 19, 2010

How come Mom's have to do everything?

You don't really have to answer that. 

This week's been rough. 

Karson was sick (puking - gross) on Sunday.  Wednesday morning I woke up and puked, but proceeded to go to work telling Dustin he was in charge when he got home.  I felt like death.

He didn't get home until after 6:30, then he ran off to Floyd to pick up a check.  The least he could do was take one of the kids, but wouldn't.  I gave some serious thought to going up to bed and letting the kids hang out by themselves downstairs.  Then, when he finally got home he let the kids trash the house and didn't put them in bed till after 9.  Even then he didn't really know what he was doing.  I was so MAD.  In his defense, he probably could have handled bedtime just fine.  I was just so wound up and snippy, I jumped in and got the kids night diapers and jammies figured out for him.  If Kamden doesn't wear certain diapers to bed they leak and I was NOT getting up in the middle of the night to change sheets and jammies.

Lucky for Dustin, I woke up feeling fine on Thursday and got everything and everyone pretty much back to normal.  There may be a vacation or night away in my very near future so dear-ole-Dad can get in on the action.  It just seems like he's never home anymore so I'm used to doing it all.

Enough about that. 

The Christmas shopping is coming along nicely.  I'd day I'm at least half way done.  The tree didn't get put up last weekend, but I've got high-hopes for this weekend.  We've got a lot going on, but may be able to fit it in.

Going to an open house with Grandma Jane Saturday morning.  Getting together at my mom and dad's Saturday night, and Chyma Thanksgiving in Marshalltown on Sunday.  On second thought the tree may not get put up until Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment