Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hump Day Happenings

Using the oil cleanse method to wash my face has been awesome.  I've only been doing it for 5 days, but it's been great so far.  I 've done OCM at night and just used a warm wash cloth to 'wake-up' my face in the morning.  I'm going to see if I can get Dustin to do this too.

The 'no-poo' is coming right along also.  I'm messing with the ratio's to figure out what's going to work for me.  My hair doesn't look fantastic, but it doesn't look as bad as if I skip a day of washing.  I can see where this is going to be awesome in the long run.  I took the boys to get their haircut yesterday and mentioned the no shampoo thing to our hairdresser.  She said it makes sense.  The baking soda cleans the hair and the apple cider vinegar closes the cuticle and acts like a conditioner.  Now that I have a professionals opinion I feel even better about this.  Good to know I'm not going to ruin my hair.

I'm starting to crack down on my birthday plans for the boys.  Their party is next weekend and I need to make sure I've got everything in order.  I'm starting all my lists now.  It wouldn't be to big of a deal except we are having the party at the Welcome Center so I have to figure out how to get everything there and make sure we have everything we need.  It will all turn out fine.  It always does.

Dustin surprised us and walked in the door yesterday at 3:00.  I wasn't expecting him home until tonight.  We're glad to have him home.  Karson woke up this morning wanting Dad so it's a good thing he was there.

Karson is sick again, running a temperature of 103*.  Kamden is hacking and wheezing so we may need to make a trip to the doctor before the weekend. 

I hope Karson feels better by this weekend.  We are going to ride on Thomas with his buddy Braeden.  Karson has been talking about it since his birthday, Braeden too.  The parents are going and leaving the siblings at home with grandparents.  It's sure to be a good time.

Now, if we can just make it to the weekend we'll be in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment