Thursday, January 13, 2011

Would you help Noah?

For Christmas Karson got the Spark Bible that goes along with his Sunday School curriculum.  At first we would just open it to a page and read that story.  Then, I decided it made more sense to get a bookmark and read it from cover to cover.

Which takes us to last night.  We were reading about Noah and the flood.  We talked about animals, boats, and rainbows.  At the end of every story there is a question that correspondse to the story.  Last night went like this:

Me: What would you think if God asked you to build an ark?

Karson:  I can't.  I've only got one hammer.

Me:  Well, would you build a boat if God gave you another hammer?

Karson:  Yep.

Me:  What would you say to God?

Karson:  I like rainbows. 

The conversation was much funnier than this, but that's all I can remember. 

Then, there's Kamden.  This kid is going to give me a run for my money.  Karson has an attitude and is dramatic, but Kamden is just crazy.  He's going to be my first broken bone and stitches.  Kamden climbs on everything.  Which wouldn't be as big of a deal if he had any coordination at all.

Kamden's latest favorite hang out. 

Yes that's the sub-woofer he's standing on. If I put anything on top of it he'll toss it across the room. And while you're looking at this, should I paint that wall behind him brick red? I've had a paint sample taped to the wall for 3 years. The rest of the room is a taupe color. This is the only room in the house that hasn't been painted.


 Kamden figured out that he can use the baseboard to get himself up into the window seat.  Then, Karson showed him that you could hang from the window.  Awesome.  I pulled the blinds up when Kamden started to climb up there.  Now I have to pull them all the way up or they rip the slats (this was before I realized I had to get them way out of their reach).
 

And a video of me telling Kamden to get down.  He obviously knows what I'm asking of him.


1 comment:

  1. LOL I was reading this and when you asked about painting the wall...I was telling Jade that you had the color options up when I stayed with you LOL I'd say just go for it!

    ReplyDelete