My kids have been sick.
Karson was the high fever, glassy-eyed kind of sick.
I liked it.
He just laid on the couch in and out of sleep. Watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates (his new favorite) and snuggling with his dear ole' Mom.
Kamden on the other hand, was not the kind of sick I like. While, he had the high fever glassy-eyed business going on too. He also got to coughing so hard he would vomit. A lot.
16 month olds and vomit don't mix very well.
You don't really know when it's coming and they don't really have any aim. So you just kind of hold them out over an easily cleanable surface. If you get lucky you might be able to hit a well placed towel.
I learned that chunky milk vomit is really hard to get out of the teeny-tiny cracks in our wood floors.
Thinking the boys were on the mend, we took off and went to a hotel over the weekend to hang out and swim with some of the family. All was going fine, granted the boys were a little cranky, but nothing to unusual. While in the room, we were munching on some goodies. Kamden really liked some rice-crispy-type bar that my mom brought and ate like 5 of them. Thanks Grandma.
Fast forward an hour or so, we headed to the pool. Which was an adventure to get to, that included an elevator, skywalk, and spiral staircase. My dad was carrying Kamden, I was carrying all the pool gear and Dustin was chasing after Karson.
Kamden started to cough. See where this is heading?
Kamden coughed and coughed. We were just getting to the pool door when he started to puke.
All.
Over.
Grandpa.
Remember those rise-crispy-bar-things? Yeah, so does my dad.
It was a lot of puke too.
So, we had to make the long trek back to the room to clean everyone up. Fun.
I was hesitant on letting Kamden swim after the puking incident, but I was sure it was from the coughing so I let him. I know I probably shouldn't have, but he loved it. And believe me, there was more than enough chlorine in the pool to kill any and all lingering bacteria.
That was the only sickness of the weekend thank goodness.
Now we're gearing up for Kamden's tubes on Tuesday. Wish us luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment