Wednesday, September 30, 2009

...and Life Happens

So, what I thought was going to be a very productive weekend turned into to a okay-we-got-something-done weekend. Saturday morning Dustin was going to get started on the baby's room. We got up and made pancakes and were ready to start our day. Then, the phone rings. My Dad broke a pipe and needed Dustin to come fix it. So off he goes...We end up eating lunch at my Mom and Dad's, then I brought Karson home for a nap and left Dustin to finish his fixing.

About the time Karson wakes up Dustin gets home. We already had plans for a 'final' date before life gets to hectic. So, we just started getting ready to go out. Mom picked up Karson and we left. Had a nice little date. Dinner and a movie with a little shopping thrown in there. So nothing productive happened at our house.

Sunday we we're the Greeters at church and Dustin and Dad had to take offering. So we spent the morning at church. When we got home Dustin started in on the baby's room while I made lunch. He got a pretty good start on it before Karson went down for his nap and then he had to quit working so he didn't keep Karson up.

While Karson was sleeping Dustin decided to go outside and rake the back yard before the Bears game came on. He got most of the yard done before the game started and finished it after the game was over (Bears won!!).

Thinking this wasn't to bad since Dustin could work on the baby's room when he got a chance after work during the week, we figured we made decent progress this weekend at least having raked the yard and started on the baby's room.

Monday morning I get a call from Dustin saying he hurt his back at work and needs to go to the Dr. Ugh!!! What great timing. I'm sure the raking comes into play here. So we get him to the Dr and he is to take it easy for about 10 days!! When your wife is 9 months pregnant and you have a two-year-old taking it easy is not so much and option. So when I should be able to take it easy myself I'm the more capable right now and doing more than I intended.

Needless to say things are really not getting done now. We both sat on the couch yesterday after Karson had strewn popcorn across two rooms and debated on who was going to clean it up. It sat there overnight and eventually got swept up by Dustin. I would have done it, but he beat me to it.

So, all in all I'm just hoping I don't go into labor this week. I went to the OB Monday and am dilated to 2 cm now. When I would have been hoping this baby would come already, I am now hoping it will stay put for another week or two. Who would have thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment