Thursday, September 3, 2009

Two-Years-Old Already!!

My little boy is turning two!!! I guess that means he's a big boy now!! We're gearing up for Karson's birthday party this weekend. All of our family is coming and a few of Karson's little friends. We're having walking tacos/tacos and CARS cake. Yummy! We couldn't have the party on Karson's actual birthday (Saturday) because Dustin, Grandpa, Jade, and Nick are going to the UNI vs Iowa game. We are having the party Sunday which works out well because then Gpa and Gma Chyma can come.

Last weekend, Dustin and I had a wedding. We went with some friends of ours and I got to be the DD (again). Even the groom said he'd drive me to the first 'drinking event' after the baby comes since I've such a good sport about driving everyone else. It really doesn't bother me to be the driver, we're all going to the same place anyway and I obviously won't be drinking.

While we were at the wedding Karson got to stay with Gma and Gpa. He had a slight mishap while playing outside and ended up with a huge scab on his nose and another on his forehead. It didn't seem to affect him much.

Karson and I have been sick this week. Karson brought a cold home from daycare and that on top of allergies has not been fun. I threw up before work on Wednesday and Karson stood beside me 'pretending' to throw up (gagging and coughing along with me). I probably would have thought it was cute if I hadn't been vomiting at the time. We are hoping Dustin doesn't catch it also.

Oh, and on top of being sick I had to go to the dentist on Tuesday to get a new crown put on. I had to have a root canal in July and have been dealing with a lovely temporary silver crown for the last month. I'm so happy to have the white one on. Dustin thought the silver tooth was hilarious and wanted me to carve my initials in it. I had to have a filing to so my mouth was sore from that. Not fun!!

That's what has been happening around here. I will update on the birthday party next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment