Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Karson is a Big Boy

Karson slept in his big boy bed last night! I am so happy this transition seems to be going smoothly. I moved his crib to the other side of his room and put his big boy bed where his crib was hoping sleeping in the same spot in his room would help. We made a big deal out of how cool his "Cars" sheets were and how cool the bed was. When it was time for bed I asked him which bed he wanted to sleep in, the crib or the big boy bed and he chose big boy. I laid him down said good night and that was that.



The previous night I laid with him in the bed for a few minutes then got up and left the room. He did not like that!! I was tired and didn't want to deal with it that night so I just put him in his crib. For nap time earlier in the day he chose the big boy bed, but I heard him upstairs jumping around so I went to check on him. He was still in bed, he was just having a grand ole time jumping and racing cars. I put him in his crib because he really needed his sleep.

If we can get through one week with no crib, I'm taking it out of his room so he can't fall back into the habit of sleeping in it. I'm not getting my hopes up because we had one good night, but I've got my fingers crossed he keeps it up. Now, if potty training would come this easily I'd be one happy Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment