Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday's Five Random Thoughts

The boys are getting a train table from the Easter Bunny.  Normally they wouldn't get such a large gift, but we we're going to get it for them anyway and I couldn't justify just giving it to them. 

Saturday night at our house will be much like Christmas Eve.  We'll be putting together lots of little pieces. 

I think we are going to put the train table in the toy room and close the door.  Then have them find their eggs and have a note in one that says go look in the toy room.

:: ::

We really, really need to get stuff ordered for our house.  We have the windows and siding picked out, but neither one of us is ready to commit.

:: ::

Went in for an oil change for the van.  Came out $800 later with new tie rod ends, a new water pump, and new spark plugs.  Totally not what I wanted to spend $800 on, but I guess that's life.

:: ::

I gave up pop for lent.  I haven't really missed it that much.  I am looking forward to being able to drink it again.  The only time no pop has proven harder than expected is when we we're away from home.  Unless you're at a nicer restaurant or they offer bottled water you're kind of S.O.L.

It was even hard to find something to drink at my Grandma's.

:: ::

It's Earth Day! 

I am very proud to be a cloth diaper-er.  Cloth wipes too. 

We put a lot of effort into not wasting disposable products. 

I despise paper towels, but will use them for draining grease and such. 

We recycle everything we can. 

We try to use reusable containers instead of baggies whenever possible. 

We use reusable grocery bags.

We use vinegar, water, and baking soda for most of our cleaning.

I will stop there, but could probably go on for quite a while.

Happy Earth Day and Good Friday!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Good job on giving up pop Lynsey!! :) I did it for lent 2 years ago and I still don't drink it-except for an occasional root beer float! :) And we saved a TON of money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the kids just LOVED the train table! I bet that was the awesomest night of their little lives. They are so cute : ) Wishing you a happy Spring week! Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two things:
    1. cloth diapers and wipes scare me. You are clearly braver than I.

    2. You are a winner! Check my blog post today to find out why. :)

    ReplyDelete