The kids are actually BOTH in bed on time. Dustin and I head to bed early to watch TV. I'm out like a light in no time.
Then, I hear it. It starts with little moans, works it's way up to a cry, and ends with me rushing down the hall to rescue Kamden before he wakes up Karson.
I look at the clock.
It's only 11:08. How can that be? Kamden doesn't usually wake up until at least 2:00 am.
I decide this works out in my favor since Kamden should sleep the rest of the night.
I hear it again. Moan, cry, me rushing.
I look at the clock 11:20.
What!
I pat Kamden's sweet little head, then go back to my room to lay my head upon my own pillow.
Again I hear Kamden wake up. It must have been a few hours. I look at the clock 11:35.
Finally on the fifth cry in an hour I make Dustin go in to deal with Kamden. I'm beat.
We get a few consecutive hours of sleep then I hear Karson start in with the moaning. I look at the clock. 5:00 am.
I go in Karson's room to see what's wrong with him. He wet the bed. Awesome. I strip his bed. Throw some different blankets on and convince Karson that these blankets are way cooler than sheets. Get him back to sleep and go back to my bed only to hear the alarm go off as soon as my head hit the pillow.
Lovely.
::::
I'm sure Kamden's teeth we're bothering him. I gave him tylenol the first time he woke up and I think once it kicked in he was fine. Four teeth broke through recently and there are a few more still to come.
Karson hasn't needed night time diapers in a while. I'm sure the only reason he wet the bed is because I just changed the sheets. Isn't that how it works? Fresh sheets must be pee'd in.
::::
Oh what a night...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment